CLASSES IN QUAKE-HIT AREAS TO START AUG. 22
CLASSES in quake-hit areas will push through on August 22, the Department of Education said.
“The direction is that there will be no delay in the opening of classes. Just alternative delivery mode for certain areas,” DepEd spokesperson Michael Poa said.
Poa made the statement after DepEd assessed and evaluated the capacity of the earthquake-damaged schools to reopen.
“Right now, the discussion on this was confined to the August 22 opening of classes. We will monitor the situation thereafter. The thrust is to still implement full in-person classes starting Nov 2,” he said.
Poa added that the DepEd is eyeing to construct “temporary learning facilities” in regions that were severely hit by the earthquake. The quake destroyed 451 classrooms, reports said.
The DepEd previously announced that it will propose a Quick Response Fund of P4 billion which will be used for restoration projects for facilities destroyed by disasters.