PUP STUDENTS SEEK DONATIONS FOR PEER WHO DIED IN FIRE
COMMUNICATION students from the Polytechnic University of the Philippines are seeking donations to help their peer who died in a fire that broke out in Novaliches, Quezon City.
In a Facebook post, PUP-COC Ensemble said that they are raising funds for the burial of Melanie Trinidad, a 4th year student.
It said that Melanie’s family needs financial help for their medical needs after suffering from burns due to the fire.
The fire lasted an hour before being put under control.
Witnesses said that Melanie went back to their burning house to save her files for school.
The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.
“Melanie was a kind daughter, sister and a friend who lost her life due to a fire accident that broke out at the break of dawn. Meanwhile, her family is currently suffering from degree burns,” Ensemble said on Facebook.
“We are knocking on your kind hearts to help Melanie’s family in settling their medical and funeral service bills,” it added.
Donors can wire their donations through Lizette Grace’s GCash account: 09150128574.