Pacquiao demands being co-promoter for McGregor fight
Eight-division boxing world champion, Manny Pacquiao cleared that he has no affiliation to Conor McGregor’s Sports Management and will only fight against McGregor if his company would be the co-promoter.
“At the present time, I do not have an existing management contract with Paradigm Sports Management,” the Fighting Senator told The Daily News.
However, Pacquiao affirmed that the prospective blockbuster fight with McGregor will be plausible if his own company can co-promote it under its terms and conditions.
“I have formed my own company, Pac Sports and Entertainment, and am more than willing to give the fans what they want—an exciting fight with Conor McGregor under terms and conditions where I am the co-promoter with my company,” he said.
Last September 25, McGregor announced on his Twitter account that his next opponent will be the WBA world champion Pacquiao.
Since then, McGregor has been showing off his post-workout on social media as he prepares for his pride-redemption, having lost to Floyd Mayweather in their money-spinning fight back in 2017.
While Pacquiao also posted a picture on his Instagram account in the gym with his pad man which was also posted by the espnringside’s IG account.
“Conor McGregor said they’d be fighting, Manny Pacquiao has laced the gloves backup,” according to espnringside post.
Meanwhile, Pacquaio’s former coach, Freddie Roach said that “If this is true, Pacquiao will have an easier time with you McGregor than when he fought Ricky Hatton, ” who he knocked out inside two rounds in 2009.